MasterLab in Service Design Systems
MasterLab in Service Design Systems - Exploring Place and Community Through Design Research, degree awarded by ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering
Contact for price
- Bachelor's degree
- Selection: based on background, professional motivation, out-of-mainstream attitude, collaboration, entrepreneurial spirit, visions and personal commitment.
- You must record a 2 minutes video, explaining why you want to join the MasterLAB. It must be uploaded on a public video platform (Vimeo, YouTube or similar) and send the URL as a PDF attachment in the "expectation letter" section when you complete the official application form.
Arianna Mazzeo (Director MasterLAB)
Viviana Narotzsky (Academic Director MasterLAB)
This MasterLab in Service Design aims:
- To prepare professionals, service designers, creative, practitioners, policy designers and design managers for the new opportunities of a blockchain and commons-driven innovation.
- To train designers, artists, architects, design managers, creative, engineering, makers, civic entrepreneurs, strategist, cultural experts, to co-design, in different urban and rural contexts opportunities, linked platforms of social digital innovation, through applied research in service design, in a multidisciplinary context with a cross-cultural understanding.
- To offer professionals the tools to develop a personal, multidisciplinary research approach to the city, urban and rural communities, the public space as a public good, which can be applied to a variety of fields and creative practices.
- To train professionals in the development of urban and rural projects with sustainability, community and resilience at their core.
You will learn to:
- Understand the complex nature of the urban and rural communities and develop experimental research strategies for applied projects.
- Analyse future socio-cultural scenarios and contextualise collaborative policy in the city and the region.
- Select and apply research, principles and practices of the service design processes and the specific social and digital innovation processes to your local context.
- Acquire the skills for co-creation and apply it in your community.
- Evaluate resilient aspects and the environmental impact of material, re-use and super-use.
- Learn how to co-design with local communities in order to produce new visions, policy, strategy and tools.
- Be an agent of positive change by developing collaborative scenarios and situated actions.
- Generate an open-ended creative storytelling and applied strategy, in order to foster transformative educational pathways by researching and experimenting through the design of services.
- Recognize the potential of new emergent social and creative business models, of people-driven innovation, blockchain and service design in the context of collaborative economy and circular city design.