Master in Advertising Design and Communication
Master’s Degree in Advertising Design and Communication, degree awarded by Pompeu Fabra University (UPF) and ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering.
Two editions per year starting in September and February.
Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
From 5 p.m. to 9.15 p.m.
Spanish. Some sessions may be in English.
Year 2018-2019: (Spanish Edition): 9.400 € (plus 500 € registration fee).
Graduates in Graphic Design, Audiovisual Communication, Communication and Advertising, Fine Arts, etc.
Professional profiles related to the expressive and creative universe, photography, art, fashion, illustration, etc.
Journalists, architects, psychologists or academics with accredited experience who can provide a professional portfolio in the creative field.
Professional experience that can be accredited (in this case, candidates will not be able to receive the Master’s Degree, but Programme).
For acceptance, they must provide a portfolio that certifies their knowledge and skills in terms of graphic and/or audiovisual expression.
The need to convince and sell in an increasingly global, competitive and visually noisy market requires new highly creative advertising proposals. In this context, the designer and the creator figures gain a decisive importance at the moment of generating persuasive messages, both in the public and in the private sphere. Advertising needs professionals who master the mechanisms and languages of visual communication and new media to achieve the objectives of companies and institutions, thus generating relevant conversations between brands and consumers. The advertising graphics, the spot, the branded content, the interactive advertising and new media are shown as highly persuasive and effective resources that must be known and mastered.
This course aims to transfer theoretical, methodological and practical knowledge, while working on the student's analytical capacity and promoting creativity in each project, with the objective of training effective, critical and competitive advertising specialists.
- Provide students with a competitive professional profile that incorporates the latest trends in communication and global marketing into their praxis.
- Enhance creativity as a factor of differentiation and positioning, for organisations in both the public and private sectors.
- Train new professionals with a strategic vision and thinking towards communication and design, to achieve real and efficient solutions to the problems raised.
- Offer designers and communication professionals the possibility of integrating the knowledge acquired in a professional practice from the perspective of design.
- Create a training framework that integrates the latest user-centred design research criteria with the current practice of the advertising activity.
- Train effective, critical and competitive advertising specialists.
- Develop their own creative abilities and apply them to communication projects for both companies and institutions to communicate brands, products or services.
- Develop various creative methods that work as a starting point for disruptive projects in the field of advertising with a clear persuasive will.
- Incorporate strategic planning as a step to define the value proposal, transform it into a creative concept and develop it into an efficient communicative action.
- Ability to explore and analyse the business world, know their communication needs and develop creative skills to solve them in certain situations.
- Ability to create transmedia communicative mechanisms after analysing and defining the needs, motivations and ideals of the users.
- Ability to elaborate one’s reflective thoughts born of one’s projectual activity and to defend them in front of the community of practice with discernment and conviction.
- Ability to propose and develop creative concepts for the brand territories creation.
- Identify the three semionarrative levels of the canonical narrative and apply them in the persuasive communication world.
- Distinguish and clearly identify the three brain levels, from which thoughts and ideas that shape the behaviour before the purchase act are created.
- Discern between the several attributes: appropriation, simulation, impurity, fusion, spectacle, ephemeral, artifice and eroticism to apply them in advertising projects.
Management and teaching staff